Youth Insearch is an early intervention program that organizes weekend programs aimed at resolving issues affecting young people between the ages of 12-17 years. Youth Insearch works together with schools, local police and welfare organizations to identify adolescents who stand to gain from the program. The youth who have been involved in anti-social practices as a means to escape the difficulties they are facing are the main beneficiaries the Youth Insearch Initiative.
Youth Insearch is determined to achieve the following objectives:
• Boost the self-esteem of the youth to enable them become more productive and play a positive role in society
• Reduce alcohol and substance abuse
• Reduce cases of youth suicide
• Increase school retention
• Reduce crime, violence and abuse among the youth
• Prevent family breakdown by educating the youth on virtues such as love, patience, compassion, and empathy.
Youth Insearch features a peer-to-peer initiative where individuals who have excelled through the program help and mentor other young participants. During the weekends, the youth are encouraged to speak openly about their challenges and discuss solutions with the young people who have survived the same ordeals. At Youth Insearch, our vision is to have our program available to all the youth in Australia.